We are hard at work using the fall and winter months to perfect the Allaire State Park Disc Golf Course. We are proud of the work that has been done in just over a year's time but are not satisfied! Among the projects we have slated for the next few months:
1. Widening hole 8 (DONE) and possibly extending it out for an added par 5 sleeve.
2. Grooming and shaping holes 9-13, removing ground holly, brush hogging and stump grinding
3. Building a boardwalk pathway adjacent to hole 6 to alleviate travel thru swampy parts of the fairway.
4. Building a stairwell down past the hole 9 basket to prevent erosion from players chasing discs down the hill
5. Building a small set of stairs leading up the hole 10 pathway.
6. Removing dead trees off the fairways which present a possible safety hazard.
7. Strategically removing a live tree or two from existing fairways as needed.
8. Placing woodchips in areas of need, including the swampy portion of the pathway just before the hole 5 tee.
9. Pole sawing as needed.
There is always something to be done. Anyone willing to help should contact Frank or Lou. We can't do it alone; everyone is welcome to help where needed!
A place for everything else... Talk smack, talk plastic, talk about when you're going to be at the course, and talk about that time you chained out!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests