The Carl Cubbedge Classic- Sat. 4/14

Discussion area for tournaments coming up, or tournaments that have happened!
Ramsfan1

The Carl Cubbedge Classic- Sat. 4/14

Postby Ramsfan1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Central Jersey Disc Golf will be running the inaugural event at Allaire State Park, The Carl Cubbedge Classic, on Saturday, April 14th. As there has been a bit of confusion regarding conflicting events on that day, please let me clarify for all our players.

Our event has been discussed since last November and was scheduled and approved in December for inclusion on this year's calendar. As State PDGA event coordinator, I worked in concert with a dozen or so area TDs and neighboring State Reps to create the current schedule and forwarded a copy of that schedule to all involved. While I knew Mike Solt was running an event on that same day at Twin Grove- a full 2 hour 20 minute drive from here- I DID NOT know that he decided to name it the Cubby Memorial in honor of our good friend. While this creates an unfortunate conflict of sorts, reasonable circumstances prevent either one of us from moving our respective events. This simply means people will have to decide which event they wish to play. I certainly hope that our local players and those in close proximity to us would consider playing at Allaire- a course Cubby had a hand in getting approved but regrettably didn't get to play. As this tournament also serves as our very first CJDG sanctioned event at a brand new course we've worked very hard to build, it means a great deal to us on many levels. That said, we all know Mike runs quality tournaments and I certainly understand player interest in Twin Grove. He will certainly draw a large field as always.

I have a very good working relationship with Mike, and we talked about combining our efforts in making this a weekend of honoring Cubby by possibly offering a similar or same player packages at each tournament. This way, EVERYONE benefits from playing either event and receiving the same keepsakes and experience. We feel this turns an unfortunate date conflict into a positive and properly honors Cubby.

I am confident the right thing is being done here, and hope everyone understands our situation. And not for nothing: I'm sure there will be MANY other tributes and happenings involving Cubby in 2018!! As always, I welcome thoughts and comments from our players. Thank you for reading!

Ramsfan1

Re: The Carl Cubbedge Classic- Sat. 4/14

Postby Ramsfan1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Registration for the April 14th Carl Cubbedge Classic stands at 33 people so far. We thank those of you who have registered for our Inaugural event at Allaire- we promise you it will be a wonderful event and a respectful tribute to our friend Cubby.

Please register if you haven't already done so. It will be a big help to us as we prepare for Central Jersey Disc Golf's first tournament! Registration is on Discgolfscene; Contact Lou or Frank with questions.

Ramsfan1

Postby Ramsfan1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

The Carl Cubbedge Classic is sold out! We are immensely excited and thank those who registered. We are committed to making this day a special day for all involved. Specific information concerning the day of the event will be forthcoming in the next 2-3 weeks. Please feel free to reach out to Lou or Frank with specific questions about the tournament.

Ramsfan1

Postby Ramsfan1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:47 am

In the coming weeks, an email will be sent out to all players registered for The Carl Cubbedge Classic. This will include information on day-of arrival procedures and check-in as well as things being done throughout the day. Facebook will direct players to this site, where the email will be posted in its entirety on this thread. Please read!!

Return to “Tournaments”