OCP Park Closure Policy

Official OCPDGC league information.
Ramsfan1

OCP Park Closure Policy

Postby Ramsfan1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:22 am

Today during a scheduled Fall League day, OCP was closed, the result of last night's snow. Unfortunately, some players were inconvenienced in that they took an unnecessary trip to the park. I apologize for that inconvenience and want to explain park protocol.

When there is snow and ice, Park Grounds must salt the roads and plow, but they must first do other properties that belong to the county. There are only 2-3 workers on each weekend, and thus the park doesn't get done right away. The Park Supervisor makes the decision as to whether or not to close the park, and it is a decision that is unfortunately not made until 7:00-7:30 a.m. Sometimes, they'll open the park late if the weather is favorable, and sometimes it is closed for the entire day. When the decision is made, it is shared with Park Security. All I can do as a patron is ask that they contact me when the decision is made so I can reach out to anyone involved with league play or another disc golf event. If they don't do that, I am in the same position as anyone else who wishes to enter the park that day, and unfortunately, that was the case today despite me calling them last night and receiving an assurance I'd get an early call.

Hindsight being 20-20, we should have postponed until next weekend. But being that this was our last scheduled League date and had a favorable Sunday weather forecast, we tried to run League as scheduled. Hopefully next weekend is more favorable, and thank you for your support and understanding of these circumstances.

Return to “League Play”